Are you in search of a place to enjoy your summer wanting to experience something new something different? Well then
Take pleasure in the private health-giving natural mineral “green” hot springs in beautiful swimming pools, botanical gardens and even more. Our concealed resort is your gateway to the everyday wonders of Costa Rica. Our hotel’s gem is the hot springs pools which are truly spectacular with natural mineral “green”this is just the beginning. The land at Blue River Estate is lush with rolling hills that run alongside 600 meters of gorgeous blue river. You’ll be overwhelmed by the nature with rain forest plants and flowers, birds and butterflies, and other wildlife that surround the blue-volcanic Penjamo River. The climate is cooler and more moderate than the dry and hot beach climate. Take advantage of the opportunity to wake up to fabulous views of the volcano, Rincón de la Vieja, on one side and Lake Nicaragua, on the other. In Costa Rica, near the Rincon de la Vieja volcano, there is an idyllic place for nature-lovers and adventurers alike to enjoy the overwhelming beauty and wonders of intact Costa Rican tropical forests, all in the convenience and comfort that Blue River Resort & Hot Springs brings you.
- Hiking Rincon de la Vieja
- Tubing Adventure
- Zip Lining and Tarzan Swing
- Blue River Adventure
- Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge
- Junquillal Beach, Snorkelling
- Santa Rosa National Park
Blue River Resort & Hot Springs is about an hour by car or shuttle from Liberia, Costa Rica, and from the gateway of the beach resorts of Guanacaste. Blue River Estate and Blue River Resort Hot Springs & Spa are positioned less than a kilometer away, within Dos Rios,in the province of Alajuela.
From Liberia, Costa Rica
From the Liberia International Airport (Daniel Oduber): The road is well-paved until the final 20 km, which is gravel. These directions begin from the Pan American Highway, major traffic light intersection in Liberia with a McDonalds at the northeast corner.
- Travel north 24 km (heading to Nicaragua). Follow signs leading to Quebrada Grande and Blue River Resort & Hot Springs.
- Take a right (east) toward Quebrada Grande, pass Potrerillos through Quebrada Grande. The road leads to a park on your right and a sharp turn to your left. You will pass through a few villages through a section of the Guanacaste Conservation Area (ACG) leading to the town of Dos Rios.
- Once at Dos Rios, drive straight down to the end of the road then turn right. After one block turn left. Once again, follow the signs heading to Blue River Resort and Hot Springs.
- Drive through the village of El Gavilán and cross-the bridge, over the river, Rio Celeste.
- A little further down on the other side of the bridge, come to a corner with a sign pointing you to turn left to Blue River Resort & Hot Springs which is 600 meters away.
By car, the drive takes approximately 1 to 1 ½ hours.
From La Cruz: Go south along the Pan American. Turn east (left) toward Quebrada Grande and follow the above directions.
From Upala, Alejuela: Upala, Alejuela is a less travelled route. The final 24 km are along a gravel road. There are fewer well-marked signs showing the way to Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, so don’t hesitate to stop and ask locals for directions.
For more information on tours and packages you may visit the website link given below:
Website URL: http://www.blueriverresort.com
Tel (506)2206-5000 (Costa Rica) or (954)688-3646 (US)
Fax: (506) 2206-5505