A place perfect to experience nature and its beautiful splendour. A place created where one can enjoy and experience nature to the fullest in the New World. It consist of an enormous range
of animals and plants, this little country is home to more than 800 species of birds, orchids beautiful plants, caimans, crocodiles, howler monkeys, three-toed sloth’s, the most spectacular bird in the American tropics the resplendent Quetzal. Those who want a life-rain forest experience Casa Rio Blanco Eco Lodge is the place entirely for you. We provide a 20% discount voucher to our guest as well. Casa Rio Blanco Eco lodge is positioned in 5 acres of lush green rain forest with walking trails to a rustling river and incredible tropical gardens. You can relax while viewing sloths and toucans from your private porch. A private paradise indeed this is: three fresh water springs drinking water good for health. A secret swimming hole in the lush rain forest. You will surely fall in love with this place and nature. You won.t regret coming to Casa Rio Blanco Eco lodge.
- Rain Forest Aerial Trams.
- Braullio Carrillo National Park.
- La Selva Biological Station.
- Sarapique float trips.
- Costa Rican Amphibian Research Center.
By CAR from AIRPORT San Jose to HIGHWAY #32 GUAPILES-LIMON
- Drive direction San Jose for about 14 kilometers. Take the turnoff La Uruca.
- From the roundabout take the 3rd exit, which is ¾ of the roundabout (note you will drive under the highway) At the 1st signal: turn right. Continue driving towards San Jose (try to stay in the middle lane).
- After garage Mercedes-Jeep-Chrysler you will see a Shell gas station, keep to your right (you will pass the Shell station left of you). Keep driving until you hit a traffic light at gas station Interamericana: turn left.
- After 2 signals on your left another gas station Tournon: turn right (= direction Guadalupe).
- Immediately turn left (bus terminal del Caribe is on your right) then you have to go right a bit, but keep going left (you pass HSBC on your right).
- Then make a turn left (the road goes up a bit) and drive straight via traffic lights on to HWY #32 direction Guapiles-Limon. This drive should be about 30-40 minutes. After you’ve passed the Rio Costa Rica you´ll see after 2 km a town sign ‘La Marina’ and shortly after that you’ll see a sign on your right from bar-restaurant ‘La Ponderosa’. 50 Meters after this bar you see a dirt road on your right. This dirt road is just BEFORE the bridge over the ‘Rio Blanco’.
- Take that dirt road to the right and go straight for only 1000 meters you will see Casa Rio Blanco on your left behind a big fence and green + black gate.
By CAR from Caribbean beaches/Limon/Siquirres/La Pavona-Tortuguero =+1hr boat
Take highway 32 to San Jose, pass by Guapiles at your right go further straight. 6 kilometers after Guapiles turn off, a gas station will appear after the gas station cross the bridge from Rio Blanco. After that bridge immediately turn left on the dirt road. Head straight up for 1000 meters (Casa Rio Blanco will appear on your left behind a big fence and green + black gate. FYI; from La Pavona and Limon is a 1 1/4 hrs drive, from Siquirres is 35 minutes.
By BUS coming from San Jose
Take the bus at Terminal del Caribe in San Jose to Guapiles. Ask the bus driver to let you out just before the bridge Rio Blanco (remind him after the Rio Costa Rica) walk the dirt road UP about 1000 meters or see taxi info below.
By BUS coming from the Caribbean beaches (2 1/2 – 3 hours)
Take the bus to Limon and switch to bus (= in other terminal) direction Guapiles
By TAXI from the Guapiles main bus terminal (about 5000 Colones/$10)
Tell the taxi driver: ‘Casa Rio Blanco = 1 kilometro Sur del puente Rio Blanco.
By CAR coming from Limon/Tortuegero
From highway 32 to San Jose, pass Guapiles at your right go straight to San Jose, the last river before ‘Rio Blanco’ is the ‘Rio Danta’), about 6 km after the Guapiles turn off you see a big green petrolstation named ‘Servicecentro Rio Blanco’ and a big ‘Castrol’ sign. 20 meters from here pass the bridge from the Rio Blanco (there is no ‘Rio Blanco’sign). Turn immediately left into a dirt road (only the entrance is dark). Head straight about 1200 meter you’ll find Casa Rio Blanco on your left.
For more information on tours and packages you may visit the website link given below:
Tel: +506 2710 4124 or +506 8570 8294