One of the most beautiful places to visit.Sourrounded by plantation in the colonial
era. Positioned less than two hours east of San Jose in the core of the green agricultural region of Turrialba, this wonderful place is sourrounded by Lake Angostura in the presence of the Turrialba Mountains. Lavish gardens with tropical birds, horses and flywheel, trails. Angostura Lake one step away from the door with canoes and kayaks. Area ideal for helicopter landing
- Birds Inventory
- Horses/Tour Volanta
- Pacuare River Rafting
- River Rafting Pejibaye
- Turrialba Volcano
- Irazu Volcano
- The CATIE Botanical Garden
- Lankester Garden
- Forest Reserve Hawthorn
- Golden Bean Coffee Tour
- Tour a coffee plantation, macadamia and Sugarcane
- Archaeological Monument Guayabo
- Angels Basilica, Cartago
- The wildlife refuge The Marta
- Organic Trapiche Canaveral
- The Trans Costa Rica
Hotel Casa Turire is located 8.5km away from the city of Turrialba near the Hacienda Atirro at Lake Angostura.
How to reach from San Jose to Turire
- From San Jose you should take the road that leads to San Pedro and Curridabat, take Florencio del Castillo highway to go to the province of Cartago.
- After Carthage you will pass the towns of Paraíso, Cervantes and Juan Viñas into the valley of Turrialba. Once at Turrialba take the road to Limón, you will see on your left the premises of the CATIE (Tropical Agricultural Research and Higher Education) go through the Angostura Bridge over the River Reventazón find an intersection where you will turn right on the road leading to La Suiza, (The road on the left is leading to Limón) from this point you are 4kms to reach the hotel.
- Following the road to La Suiza find a small intersection where should again turn right on the dirt road, pass a small bridge here and you will see a field of sugar cane, at this point you are just 3 minutes the entrance of our hotel which is located on the right.
For more information on tours and packages you may visit the website link given below:
Tel: (506) 2531-2244 or (506) 2531-1111
Fax: (+506) 2531-1075