Surrounded by natural beauty,breath taking views, an ideal place to spend a relaxing holiday with family, friends or loved ones, that is, the “Volcano Lodge & Garden”. Costa Rica’s northern region renowned all around the globe for its extravagant bloom and the
various experiences taht nature has to offer.
In the midst of this amazing country, Volcano Lodge and Gardens has opened doors to its abundant beauty. The lodge itself is positioned within a tropical garden, watching over the fiery activity of the Arenal volcano and close to the thrills of a canopy adventure and the calm relaxation of some of the most beautiful hot springs in the world. Volcano Lodge is the ideal place for the special stay at a mountain hotel, with a superb view of the active Arenal Volcano conveniently located close to the marvels of La Fortuna de San Carlos. You can also relax at the exquisite spa and benefit from all the wonderfiul treatments it provides. You will surely enjoy every moment spent at the Volcano Lodge & Garden.
- Cerro Chato Hike.
- Río Celeste Hike.
- Safari Float by Kayak.
- Safari Float by Raft.
- Caño Negro Willdlife Refuge by boat.
- ATV Tour (Quads).
- White Water Rafting Class II-III Río Balsa.
- White Water Rafting Class III-IV Río Toro.
- Canopy Tour.
- Horseback Riding to La Fortuna Waterfall.
- Horseback Riding to Arenal Volcano.
- Venado Caves.
- Tour of Bikes.
- Car – Boat – Horses to Monteverde.
- Private Transportation.
- Arenal Volcano Hike.
- Kayak on Peñas Blancas River.
- ATV’s to a Private Farm.
- ATV’s around the Volcano.
- Hot Springs Entrance.
- Arenal Hanging Bridges Hike.
• Local carrier Nature Air works on daily flights from San José to Arenal. Timings are minimum 30 minutes whereas planes depart from Pavas (half-way between San José and Alajuela).
• From Arenal, Nature Air flies to Liberia, Tamarindo, Tambor, Nosara, Quepos, San José and Punta Islita. The Nature Air office in La Fortuna is positioned at Avenida Central.
• From San José, take Highway 1 North. Follow signs until San Ramón stay in the center lane the road splits to the left for the airport, right for Alajuela. The road becomes two lanes again after meeting with traffic coming from Alajuela, but quickly goes to one lane for a narrow bridge crossing. After this, it will be a two-lane road for a while.
• Take the San Ramón exit. Follow the highway for 19 miles turn right into San Ramón. Keep moving straight drive through the town, until the signs lead you to Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna. Turn left continue to Los Angeles del Sur. At the green church there is a fork on the road; turn left, following the volcano signs. You will pass a cigar factory on your right .
• Continue on this curvy, mountainous road. You will cross several bridges over Río La Balsa and Río Catarata. Continue through the town of Las Tunas.
•After this town, you’ll see an old tollbooth veer left at the Y and follow the volcano signs to La Tigra. Pass through La Tigra reach the new La Tigra Bridge that spans the Peñas Blancas River. One car is allowed to cross at a time. Continue through the town of Chachagua until you arrive in La Fortuna. The town is 64 miles from the autopista turnoff and the trip takes about 3.5 hours from San José.
Website URL: http://www.volcanolodge.com
Toll Free US: 1-800-649-5913
Fax US & CAN: 866-711-4902
Costa Rica Direct Dial: (506) 2479-1717