Encanta La Vida is an unique jungle lodge located in the tropical rainforest of Southern Costa Rica. Our beachfront Lodge in Cabo Matapalo offers adventurers the opportunity to witness one of the few untouched pristine regions in the country.Experience the sounds of the jungle, sunbathe on breathtaking beaches and see amazing wildlife all in one location.
The Osa Peninsula is home to the highest density of wildlife in all of Costa Rica. Watch an incredible variety and abundance of animals and birds including monkeys, toucans, macaws, coatimundi, aguti, birdwatching and sloths right from your cabin patio. We invite you to explore our site and prepare for the jungle adventure of a lifetime!
- Surf Lessons
- Tree Climb
- Waterfall Rappel
- Combination Tree Climb and Waterfall Rappel
- Carbonera Waterfall Hike
- Bird Watching
- Corcovado Guided Full-Day Hike
- Dolphin Watching
- Wildlife Sanctuary
- Canopy Tour
- Sport fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Therapeutic Massage
- It is a 7 to 9 hour drive or a 45 minute flight from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez, the town closest to Encanta la Vida. Once in Puerto Jimenez, our agent Isabel can arrange for a taxi to pick you up at the airport for the 40 minute transfer to the Lodge.
- The quickest way to get to Encanta la Vida is by air. Although several airlines offer service we highly recommend Sansa Airlines. You can check out their scheduled flights and buy tickets online by clicking on the link below.
- Sansa flies directly from the international airport in San Jose to Puerto Jimenez.
- When the SANSA page opens type AGSJO3672 in the box that says “user-ID” and type RZSJO3672 in the box that says “Password”. Where it says “Zone” select: SALES
- If you plan to drive your own vehicle to Encanta La Vida, you’ll need 4 wheel drive and the ability to cross rivers.
Driving Directions from Puerto Jimenez to the lodge:
- Leaving Jimenez there is a gas station (the only one) on your left hand side after a right turn off the main street.
- You continue on that road out of town and towards Matapalo at the tip of the Peninsula.
- After 30 to 40 minutes or so you will pass a school on your right hand side and a restaurant called Buena Esperanza on your left, continuing forward you will cross a river with a foot bridge, another minute or two later you will see a bus stop on your left then a left hand turn immediately after.
- At that point you turn left down the rocky road and pass through what looks like an old guard post gate, you are now in Matapalo and it is only a few minutes on the bumpy road until you see our sign on the right. Encanta La Vida Matapalo Lodge.
- You turn right up our driveway and you’re there! Note: There are no signs on the main road so if you miss the left turn into Matapalo you will begin to climb the mountain, if you begin ascending a large mountain you’ve gone too far, turn around, head back down and make a right into Matapalo at the bottom of the mountain.